Supporting Young, At-Risk, Parenting & Expecting Mothers in Our Community
FOR TICKETS CONTACT ANGELA
709-754-0446 x 211
The challenges of pregnancy and parenting can be overwhelming for any woman. For young mothers experiencing social isolation, financial demands, and with limited social and family support, the challenges of motherhood are tremendous.
The Choices for Youth Gala is an evening to celebrate resilience, potential and possibility. Your support means offering transformative programs to help young moms today, while planning for great impact tomorrow.
GRAND PRIZE ($23,500)
2016 Sea-Doo Spark 2up Ace & 2016 Can-Am Commander DPS 800R
2ND PRIZE: $2,000 | 3RD PRIZE: $1,000
FOR TICKETS CONTACT ANGELA PICCO
APICCO@CHOICESOFRYOUTH.CA | 709-754-0446 x 211
This program directly supports mothers and children in the community by:
- Providing coaching and life skills development opportunities
- Promoting education and helping moms secure employment
- Assisting moms with accessing social supports
- Offering safe spaces to share and address challenges
- Providing healthy meals, child-minding services, creative activities and peer mentorship
In 2014-15 the program support 42 moms and 54 children:
- 100% reporting healthier eating habits
- 98% have received support to access additional resources in the community
- 95% participate in peer-to-peer discussion during facilitated sessions
- 89% have received access to public health and counseling
- 83% have received access to legal aid
- 41% are actively pursuing educational opportunities
- 33% participate in group activities beyond formal sessions
- 17% have secured safe and affordable housing
- 14% have secured employment
- 10% are planning for their child's education
YOUNG PARENTS RESOURCE CENTRE
This is a major capital project that represents a vision to better the lives of young families.
To date, we have secured land, completed architectural and engineering drawings, completed a business plan, and studied the outcomes and best practices of Momma Moments to form the foundation of programming at the centre. The centre will feature:
- 16 supportive housing units
- A family resource and support centre
- Licensed day care facility
- Momma Moments programming
The CFY 2015 Gala raised over $115,000 to support the Momma Moments program and the development of the Young Parent's Resource Centre. Thank you to all of our guests for an amazing time and for such incredible support.
To learn more about our work at Choices for Youth, check out our Annual Report.