Seeking New Energetic Board Members
Choices for Youth is a constantly evolving organization, centered around the needs of at-risk and homeless youth in our community.
Join our team of staff, volunteers and board members who have built an engaging, respectful, innovative and collaborative work environment - designed intentionally to support change in the lives of young people, and improve the health our shared community.
We are seeking individuals with an authentic belief in social change; someone who focuses on presenting solutions to a pressing and challenging issue – youth homelessness. Operationally, Choices for Youth has matured significantly. Our Board of Directors reflects four key qualities that help propel our vision, and expand our work to best serve the at-risk youth in our community:
- Steering the Ship – Great Governance
- Amplifying our Voice – Applying Influence
- Unlocking and Mobilizing Resources – Fundraising through Partnerships
- Delivering Expertise – Operational Supports
Candidates for the Board of Directors should haveone or more of the following:
- Curiosity, interest, and eagerness to learn about and share issues pertaining to youth homelessness
- Time and availability to attend board and committee meetings, as well as events throughout the year (quarterly board meetings)
- The ability to promote and market our programs and events in the community.
- Have strong connections with the St. John’s business and philanthropic community
- Practice an area of expertise relevant to operations at Choices for Youth (e.g. finance, HR, law, construction, social work, fundraising, etc.)
- Connection to the at-risk and homeless youth community in the St. John’s Metro Area
We thank all applications in advance; however only those selected for furthering conversations will be contacted. Please forward a statement of interest and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line Board Position.
Full Position Posted at here.