Choices for Youth (CFY) is seeking a Program Coordinator for the Centralized Employment Support Program to join our team of committed individuals who collectively work to give youth healthy life choices to realize their potential. We do so by being a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street-life to more stable, healthy living situations.
The Program Coordinator will manage the program aimed at assisting at risk and homeless youth to find and maintain employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Coordinator will work with a case load of at-risk youth who are recently or precariously housed in finding/maintaining employment in a number of sectors. This position will coordinate all operations of the Centralized Employment Support program and work closely with the Social Enterprise division of Choices for Youth.
- Provide overall clinical support to the staff team, students and volunteers
- Coordinate all referrals
- Oversee operations of the Jumpstart Pre-Employment training program
- Provide supportive counselling related to employment skills and maintenance, managing personal challenges, problem solving, conflict resolution, interpersonal skill building, and goal attainment
- Collaborate with the client’s clinical team in order to provide a more comprehensive approach to employment
- Negotiate placement subsidy agreements with employers
- Conduct employment readiness workshops
- Nurture and contribute to the unique culture of the organization
- Commit to helping CFY achieve the goals of its strategic plan
- Help foster a social justice approach among employees
Required Skills and Specifications
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality and flexibility towards change
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of labour market
- A clear certificate of conduct and must be bondable
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in social work, social services, related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in adult education and/or education partnerships
- Minimum 3 years working with at-risk youth with experience in dealing with complex needs, including knowledge of mental health and addition issues
- Minimum 3 years of managing teams
- Strong course development/implementation experience
The position will work 35 hours per week 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Some flexibility in work hours will be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
The salary for this position will be $62,520.28 to $69,949.35 annually. Choices offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the requirements and include
Job Reference # CESP-04-2018 in the subject line via email or fax to:
Fax: (709) 726-3125
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.