Coldest Night of the Year is a family-friendly walking fundraiser to support Choices for Youth's work with at-risk and homeless youth in our community.
On Saturday February 25th 350 community members will brave the St. John's winter to walk in solidarity with the young people Choices' serves. We're looking for volunteers to join us to smoothly guide those 350 people from start, through the route, to finish (where a hot meal waits!)
Route Marshalls (10 people)
- Bundle up to guide walkers along the route
- Place and take down signs
- Cheer and pump up walkers!
- Must be comfortable standing out side and walking a 3km route
Rest Stop Attendants (2 people)
- Welcome walkers to the half way rest stop
- Set up and clean up rest stop
- Serve hot chocolate and hand out snacks
- Must be first aid certified
- Must be comfortable standing outside
Registration Team (12 people)
- Check in walkers
- Keep track of cash, envelopes, and waivers
- Hand out toques and signs
- Cheer on walkers
- Clean up and close start location
We're looking for friendly problem solvers who are comfortable working with all ages. Volunteers should be available from 12pm to 6pm on Saturday February 25th, and be free to attend a volunteer training event the week of the 20th.
To join in the Coldest Night of the Year volunteering fun, send an e-mail to Mica (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Thursday February 9th noting which role you're interested in, any training or previous event experience you have, and confirming your availability on February 25th.