Family Reconnect Case Manager (Full-Time)
Choices for Youth Inc. (“Choices”) is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street-life to more stable, healthy living situations.
We are currently seeking a Case Manager to provide support within the Family Reconnect program. These individuals will report to the Program Coordinator and together, will work to ensure effective program delivery.
- Complete youth and family assessments and implement strengths-based support plans
- Create space for positive family relationships, predictable structures and clear expectations
- Provide advocacy, accompaniment, and referral services to youth and families
- Intervene effectively and appropriately to crisis and conflict through the use of supportive counselling, problem solving and clear communication
- Ensure that services provided reflects the needs of CFY’s youth and their families
- Ensure documentation of relevant client information and that documentation is in accordance with CFY’s policy on the security and maintenance of client information
- Nurture and contribute to the unique culture of the organization
- Commit to helping CFY achieve the goals of its strategic plan
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with youth and families
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of issues pertaining to homeless, street involved, and at risk youth
- Ability to work independently and within a team while supporting and achieving the overall goals of the program
- Thorough knowledge of community resources and supports for youth and families
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills are essential
- Experienced group facilitator and workshop leader
- Demonstrated experience in using trauma-informed practice would be an asset
The position will work 35 hours per week and flexibility in work hours will be required including evening and weekend work to accommodate family home visits and to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
The starting salary for this position is $41,940.53. Choices for Youth offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter with FRC-05-2017 in the subject line to:
This competition will remain open until the position has been filled.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.
To view all current job postings, please visit http://www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.