Retail Store Manager
Choices for Youth is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street-life to more stable, healthy living situations.
Choices for Youth are looking for a result driven retail store manager to be responsible for the overall store management of Neighbourhood, a social enterprise 2nd hand store located at 38 Pearson St. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage youth effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have a background in retail management and working with youth. The retails store manager responsibilities may include supervising assistant store managers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales youth participants
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, etc.
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
- Manage the maintenance and maintain a high standard for cleanliness
- Be a mentor for youth though actions
- Additional store manager duties as needed
- Proven successful experience as a retail manager
- Powerful leading skills and business orientation
- Customer management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Hours of work for this position is 35 hours per week and flexibility in work hours will be required including evening and weekend work to accommodate organizational requirements.
The hourly rate of pay for this position is $16.
How to Apply
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidates will be required to submit a Certificate of Conduct.
Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the criteria and use RM-06-2018 in the subject line.
This competition will remain opened until filled.
Fax: (709) 726 – 3125
For more information about Choices for Youth, please visit www.choicesforyouth.ca
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.