Office Manager (one-year contract)
Choices for Youth Inc. (“Choices”) is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street-life to more stable, healthy living situations.
We are seeking an Office Manager to work at our Carters Hill Place location. Working under the direction of the Manager of Programs, this position is responsible for providing a wide range of administrative services to the administrative team, programs and Board of Directors. This is a fast paced role and requires strong attention to detail, ability to be flexible with change and work collaboratively with internal and external contacts.
- Oversee office administration including office equipment and supplies management, reception duties, meeting & travel logistics, facilities management, prepare correspondences & reports, and general office tasks.
- Maintain a centralized filing system (electronic & hard copy) under information management best practices including personnel, core organizational and financial documents.
- Support Finance with basic accounting functions (i.e. banking, rent tracking, petty cash, assistance with year-end audits, Simply Accounting, etc.).
- Work with a team of administrative professionals to coordinate the administrative function across the organization;
- Complete project-based work including research, analysis, document creation, etc.
- Provide catering for training and meetings as required.
- Provide IT support for staff – Liaise with CFY IT consultant, trouble shoot small IT problems (i.e. password resets, distribution list creation, common computer issues, backup server).
- Liaise with other CFY programs and departments
- Order supplies and work with multiple vendors to ensure that supply orders and repairs are done a timely fashion.
- Track and inform Program Coordinator of maintenance issues that arise within the program.
- Participate in the OH&S Committee and maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
- Supervise office administration students.
Qualifications and Experience
· Completion of a diploma or degree in an Office or Business Administration program.
· 2-5 years’ experience managing a diverse office. Some equivalent experience or education may be considered.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Possess sound analytical and problem solving skills, with well-developed organizational and communication skills.
· A demonstrated ability to organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
· The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and the ability to work independently.
· A strong sense of urgency coupled with a positive can-do attitude.
· A passion to help the organization achieve its core values while working as team.
· Experience in a non-profit environment is considered an asset.
. A working knowledge of Sage 50 (Simply) Accounting is an asset.
· A clear certificate of conduct and must be bondable.
The position will work 35 hours per week 8:30am – 4:30pm Monday to Friday. Some flexibility in work hours will be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
The salary for this position will be $38,511-$42,624 annually. Choices offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the qualifications and include MP-07-2018 in the subject heading of the email or fax to:
Manager of Family Programming & Support Services
Choices for Youth
Fax: (709) 726-3125
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only selected interviewees will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.