Choices for Youth (CFY) is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street-life to more stable, healthy living situations. We work hard with boundless ambition and strive for excellence in our cultural commitments.
Currently, Choices for Youth is looking for a highly motivated Training and Employment Team Lead to become part of the team at our Ropewalk Lane location.
The Training and Employment Team Lead will coordinate all pre-employment and employment training. This will involve the creation and development of a training curriculum including the creation of training materials and facilitation of training sessions. Responsibilities will also include creation of system for training evaluation that will be implemented to analyze outcomes. The Training and Employment Team Lead will work with CESP and other departments to recruit participants and coordinate placements for young people. Communication between parties will be completed in a timely fashion. Building and maintaining relationships with community employers will be fundamental. The Training and Employment Team Lead will report to the Manager of Social Enterprise.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Coordinate all employment training
· Coordinate all pre-employment training including but not limited to Jumpstart
· Curriculum creation and development
· Liaison with CESP and other departments to recruit participants
· Create training materials and could involve facilitating training sessions
· Organize training and employment schedules on a quarterly basis
· Ensure internal and external communication on upcoming opportunities are completed in a timely fashion
· Develop community partnerships with potential competitive employers, mentors and/or volunteers
· Liaison with CESP Team Lead to coordinate placements for young people
· Outcome measurement, data management for training and competitive employment
· Gather feedback from community employers and maintain relations
· Training evaluation creation, implementation and analysis
· Completing monthly progress reports
· Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Education, or college equivalent
· Advance computer skills
· Strong facilitation skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Be genuinely passionate about youth
· Understanding and experience working with vulnerable populations
· Access to a vehicle is required
The position will be 35 hours per week from Monday to Friday. Some flexibility in work hours will be required.
The salary for this position will be $47,545.94 - $52,839.28 annually. Choices offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter explaining how you meet the criteria and include TNE-07-2018 in the subject heading to:
Fax: (709) 726-3125
No phone calls please.
Applications must be submitted by 4 pm on Tuesday, July 24, 2018. Only selected interviewees will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.