Program Coordinator (Full-Time)
Choices for Youth Inc. (“Choices”) is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street-life to more stable, healthy living situations.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to provide oversight of programming within the Family Reconnect program. This individual will report to the Manager of Family Programming and Support Services and together, they will work to ensure effective program delivery.
- Provide leadership and program oversight
- Complete assessments and provide goal-oriented inventions to clients as required
- Provide advocacy, accompaniment, and referral services to youth
- Provide supervision and guidance to staff team, students and volunteers
- Ensure that services provided reflects the needs of CFY’s youth and families
- Ensure documentation of relevant client information and that documentation is in accordance with CFY’s policy on the security and maintenance of client information
- Nurture and contribute to the unique culture of the organization
- Commit to helping CFY achieve the goals of its strategic plan
- Help foster a social justice approach among employees
Qualifications and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in social services, education or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Family Systems Theory
- Leadership and team management experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years working with at-risk youth and families
- Extensive knowledge of the non-profit sector and youth homelessness issues
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and facilitation skills are essential
The position will work 35 hours per week and flexibility in work hours will be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
The starting salary for this position is $62,500. Choices offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Email your resume and cover letter including Job Reference # FRC-06-2018 in the subject to:
This competition will be open until position is filled.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.