Choices for Youth Inc. (CFY) is a professional services, youth-focused, non-profit, charitable organization that creates spaces and conversations, and operates programs and social enterprises to help vulnerable youth secure stable housing, employment, and education while improving health and family stability. With a focus on prevention, intervention, and support, we help youth and young families break cycles of poverty and homelessness and transition to healthy, stable, and independent lives. Preparing for CFY’s expanded role outside of the St. John’s metro region, we are currently hiring an Information Systems Officer to join the Strategic Initiatives Team. The Strategic Initiatives team oversees data and evaluation, research, policy, advocacy, and provincial consultation & expansion efforts for CFY. Choices for Youth is currently working alongside provincial and national partners to expand services to several regions across Newfoundland and Labrador. As a member of the Strategic Initiatives Team, the Information Systems Officer will play a key role in building out a data and evaluation system for CFY’s integrated youth services and provincial expansion work. The Information Systems Officer will support data collection and knowledge dissemination to funders and provincial partners. The role will include supporting the implementation of a provincial evaluation system and supporting ongoing tracking and reporting requirements. The role will require a high degree of collaboration with other members of the Strategic Initiatives team and staff across CFY. This position will also involve independent work through data collection and analysis, research, and writing. At CFY, we are working in close partnership with service providers, government and community leaders to drive innovative and sustainable responses to the challenges faced by youth across the province. Our work in this area involves knowledge mobilization, advocacy, strategic communications and marketing, creating spaces for collaboration, and leading social change efforts. Duties and Responsibilities The role of the Information Systems Officer requires the ability to quickly learn new topics, engage with subject matter experts and play a supporting role for staff across the organization. Duties and responsibilities include:
· Develop surveys to inform data collection needs, specifically as it relates to data collection methods, analysis, and reporting requirements.
· Develop a provincial data and evaluation strategy for an emerging integrated youth services network.
· Support in the development of a data collection system for an emerging integrated youth services network.
· Work with provincial partners and funding agencies to collect data on provincial housing needs in partnership with several provincial partners.
· Engage with youth & young families to ensure that their needs are being prioritized through data collection processes and knowledge dissemination.
· Provide quarterly updates to the integrated youth services network on various indicators.
· Support in the development of briefs, summaries, and policy papers to describe the impact of CFY’s provincial work using qualitative and quantitative data.
· Support partners with data requests as required.
· Other duties as required.
Work Hours Regular hours of work for this position are 9:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week). Flexibility in work hours will be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements, including occasional and emergent need to work evenings and weekends. Hours worked in excess of regular hours will be accounted for in accordance with the overtime provisions of the Personnel, Policy and Procedure Manual of CFY and the Labour Standards Act NL. Qualifications & Experience
· Post-secondary degree in a relevant field such as Statistics, Computer Science, Epidemiology, Public Health, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
· A minimum of 1-3 years’ experience in programming, data systems management and/or qualitative & quantitative data collection.
· Experience designing surveys.
· Experience analyzing large data systems.
· Experience analyzing and summarizing provincial and national level data.
· Experience handling sensitive and confidential information.
· Experience distilling complex information into briefs and presentations.
· Proficiency in the use of standard office computer hardware and software.
· Experience working within the community sector.
· Experience in building data systems.
Compensation The salary for this position will be $48,516.00 to $53,917.50 annually. CFY offers a competitive compensation package, including: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply Please submit your resume and cover letter with Reference ID # in the subject line to:
Lucas Geary; Senior Human Resources Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and
Jen Crowe; Strategic Initiatives Coordinator at email@example.com
or fax (709) 726-3125
Competition will remain open until May 3, 2021
Reference ID: SIISO0421
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.
To view all current job postings, please visit www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.