Choices for Youth Inc. (“Choices”) is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street life to more stable, healthy living situations. We are currently seeking a full-time Accounting Manager to join our Accounting team!
Reporting to the Director of Finance and Administration, the Accounting Manager will be responsible for the successful operation of the finance office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting and Reporting
· Ensure timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial reports are generated
· Assist with the preparation of detailed financial reports in accordance with contract agreements with funders
· Generate ad hoc reports and draft budgets as requested by Department Directors, Managers, and the Fund Development team
· Assist with the development of risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized.
· Assist with the preparation of the annual budget ensuring the budgets are comprehensive, of high quality, and completed within established timelines.
· Manage the accounts receivable & payable processes ensuring correct g/l allocation, coding, and timely processing
· Ensure bank reconciliations are completed in a timely manner each month
· Assist in completion of monthly Financial Statement package for management review and quarterly for board review
· Participate in the budgeting process and ensure adherence to budget throughout the fiscal cycle
· Ensure all government filings, such as HAPSAT AND WHSCC, are completed accurately and filed according to deadlines
· Support the Director of Finance and Administration in the completion of year-end accounting tasks ensuring all reconciliations are complete and preparation of working papers for external auditors
· Assist in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures, and financial controls
· Prepare and post bank deposits
· Tracking and posting of rental revenues
· Corresponding with Departmental staff on accounting matters
· Other duties as required to ensure the successful operation of the Finance Department
Payroll and Benefits
· Ensure all government remittances are filed accurately and on time
· Manage year-end process for the payroll function including year-end reconciliations
· Act as a liaison to employees and external agencies on payroll related inquiries
· Ensure benefits remittances are completed on time
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Degree in business commerce or administration with a concentration in accounting. Some equivalence experience or education may be considered
· 5+ years’ experience in accounting with demonstrated experience preparing financial statements, non-profit experience would be a definite asset
· CPA designation or enrollment in the program is considered an asset
· Extensive in Simply Accounting (Sage 50)
· Proof of satisfactory Covid-19 Vaccination status is required
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Screening and Vulnerable Sector Check and must be bondable
The position will work 35 hours per week and flexibility in work hours may be required.
The salary for this position will be 73,455.20 -$ 76,949.60 per year annually. CFY offers a competitive compensation package to qualifying employees, including but not limited to: a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP, 20 days’ vacation days, and 18 sick days.
Reference ID: FIIN0522
Application Deadline: May 25, 2022
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the criteria and FIN0522 in the subject line.
Sheldon Pollett; Executive Director
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata