Choices for Youth Inc. (“Choices”) is a dynamic, progressive organization that empowers homeless and at-risk youth with innovative options and tools to move from street life to more stable, healthy living situations. CFY is currently seeking a full-time permanent Accounting Technician to join our Finance and Administration Team
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Technician is responsible for accounting and financial duties including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, analysis, and maintaining a comprehensive financial filing system.
· Completion of timely and accurate bi-weekly payroll for 125+ employees and youth.
· Calculation, posting, payment, and reconciliation of government remittances.
· Prepare, produce and issue all year-end reports
· Processing of ROEs and T4s, reconciliation of T4s.
· Processing RRSP and benefits remittances.
· Respond in a timely and professional manner to inquiries from employees
· Other payroll duties as assigned.
· Maintain, monitor and reconcile GL accounts including cash, clearing accounts, bank reconciliations, prepaid expense, accounts receivable, accounts payable
· Maintain all day-to-day accounts payable functions and ensure data is processed in a timely manner.
· Reconcile and compile purchase orders, packing slips, and cheque requests to invoices, for approval and input.
· Set up new accounts payable vendors on the computer, ensuring the terms of the contract are correct and maintaining permanent vendor details.
· Interact with vendors and all departments ensuring information is accurate and complete.
· Perform cheque run, process vendor invoices, and make payment deposits as required.
· Filing and maintaining vendor and miscellaneous invoices. Respond to supplier inquiries and maintain good customer relations.
· Prepare and maintain accounts receivable, reconcile payments, complete reconciliations and follow up on all outstanding items with customers.
· Prepare various monthly reconciliations of financial records.
· Perform analysis and make recommendations for accuracy and efficiency.
· Identify issues and errors, investigate discrepancies, and discuss with managers to develop resolutions.
· Prepare bank reconciliations and ensure all transactions are posted and cleared within the same period.
· Perform the month-end and year-end close processes.
· Communicate with government and other agencies regarding information requests, assessments, and installments
· Communicate with auditors regarding the year-end audit as it relates to the context of the job description of the Accounting Technician
· Other duties as assigned
· The ideal candidate will have completed a business diploma or a degree with a concentration in accounting. Equivalent experience or education may be considered
· Minimum three years experience in accounting
· Prior payroll and T4 preparation experience
· Extensive knowledge of Sage 50 (Simply Accounting)
· Highly skilled in spreadsheets and knowledgeable in word processing
· Ability to communicate and excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong analytical ability
· Proven relationship-building skills
· Ability to work on a team in a fast-paced environment
· A passion to help us achieve our core values while working as a team
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· A satisfactory Record of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check (must be bondable)
· Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail the ability to multitask
· Ability to excel in a deadline-oriented environment
· Proven ability to work with confidential and sensitive information while exercising discretion in all matters
· Expected to solve routine problems for similar situations and use judgment in completing special projects
· Experience in a non-profit environment is considered an asset
The position will work 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility in work hours will be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
Hours worked in excess of regular hours will be accounted for in accordance with the overtime provisions of the Personnel, Policy and Procedure Manual of CFY and the Labour Standards Act NL.
The salary for this position is 45,669.00 - 50,368.50 annually. CFY offers a competitive compensation package, including a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP, and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the criteria and use AT-07-2022 -in the subject line. Deadline to Apply: July 20, 2022
Human Resources Lead Recruitment@choicesforyouth.ca
Lori Whitt, Accounting Manager
Fax: (709) 726-3125
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all gender identities, people who identify as members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community, Indigenous peoples, those with disabilities, and mental illness, and from all social strata. Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.
To view all current job postings, please visit http://www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.