Choices for Youth Inc. (CFY) is a professional service, youth-focused, non-profit, charitable organization that creates spaces and conversations, and operates programs and social enterprises to help vulnerable youth secure stable housing, employment, and education while improving health and family stability. With a focus on prevention, intervention, and support, we help youth and young families break cycles of poverty and homelessness and transition to healthy, stable, and independent lives.
Impact Construction is a non-profit social enterprise under Choices for Youth which exists to provide employment training to youth aged 16-29 in Newfoundland and Labrador in an effort to support them moving into competitive employment and/or post-secondary education. Impact Construction currently operates in residential construction and renovation, asbestos abatement and remediation, and property maintenance.
Reporting to the General Manager, Impact Construction is recruiting a full time Alternative Energy Lead on a 12-month contract to establish and grow an alternative energy line of business inside of our social enterprise.
The ideal candidate for this role would have knowledge of industry trends and best practices for alternative energy solutions in residential settings. This person would be positive and solutions focused, excel in networking, developing relationships, and keen on creating in-demand products and services that not only meet the needs of consumers but support our efforts in training youth to move into competitive employment and post-secondary education. This ideal candidate will have experience in entrepreneurship, creating products/services and taking them to market
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification of alternative energy products/services to be offered by Impact Construction.
- Implementation and oversight of alternative energy lines of business.
- Business development and customer/industry relations.
- Working with existing leads and Employment Support Workers (ESW) to ensure lines of business align with supportive employment opportunities.
- Ensure a positive customer experience is maintained.
- Empower Trainees to achieve their learning and employment goals.
- Assist the General Manager in creating budgets for alternative energy operations.
- Develop a strong understanding of young people and the complex nature of supportive employment.
- Participate in hiring, staff appraisals, and performance assessments for any reporting staff.
- Create a work environment that is consistent with the values of CFY.
- Creation of reports related to performance of respective activities
- All other duties as assigned by General Manager
The position will be 37.5 hours weekly primarily Monday-Friday. Some flexibility in work hours will be required, with evenings and weekend work required at times.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Bachelors degree in business or Diploma in engineering technology / science (equivalent education and experience will be considered)
1-2 years in energy efficiency programs
Understanding of Energy alternative practices and materials
Understanding of Canada's Energy Efficiency regulations and standards
Satisfactory criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
Proof of Covid-19 vaccination Status
Drivers License & access to a well-maintained vehicle is required
The salary for this position will be 48,976.20 - 54,418.00 annually. CFY offers a competitive compensation package, including a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP and four weeks’ vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the criteria and use AEL-042022 in the subject line to the below recipients. Deadline to apply is April 20, 2022.
Adam Hiscock, Manager of EESE
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.
To view all current job postings, please visit www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.