Choices for Youth Inc. (CFY) is a professional service, youth-focused, non-profit, charitable organization that creates spaces and conversations, and operates programs and social enterprises to help vulnerable youth secure stable housing, employment, and education while improving health and family stability. With a focus on prevention, intervention, and support, we help youth and their families break cycles of poverty and homelessness and transition to healthy, stable, and independent lives.
Choices for Youth is currently seeking a career services professional to join our Employment Support team. The individual will work with an employment transition pilot program providing services to support employment success for job seekers experiencing barriers.
Under the direction of the Employment Support Coordinator, the Employment Systems Navigator will work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including evaluators, government and other community partners. While the initial position is for six months, this demonstration project is anticipated to last three years requiring you to be involved in all stages of implementation and client support while contributing to the evaluation and final recommendations.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Collaborate with project partners including the evaluation team in support of the research project’s developmental phase;
· Co-create a pre-employment learning plan for pilot participants with the Training Lead;
· Oversee intake and assessment of project participants;
· Assist in the recruitment of project participants;
· Assist in the collection of administrative data, assessments and related information supportive of achieving the research project’s deliverables;
· Work with existing Employment Support team and other stakeholders to provide wrap around supports and system navigation for participants;
· Provide financial literacy support including income benefits and reporting, banking, budgeting planning etc.;
· Responsible for collating impact data and evaluation for the pilot;
· Assist in labour marketing attachment and maintainingemployment.
· Other duties as deemed necessary
Qualifications & Experience
· Have a post-secondary degree/diploma in human services (such as a social work, psychology, education, social sciences) or business administration;
· Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ of related work experience;
· Have knowledge and experience in the areas of career development, supported employment, mental health and evaluation;
· Have knowledge of and experience navigating provincial and federal income benefit systems;
· Have knowledge and experience with data managementsystems;
· Have strong interpersonal as well as written communication skills;
· Have strong project facilitation skills;
· Have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle;
· Have a valid First Aid certificate;
· A Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and Enhanced Reliability Status Clearance are required for this position.
· Other duties as required.
Regular hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday (35 hours per week). Flexibility in work hours will be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements, including occasional and emergent need to work evenings and weekends.
Hours worked in excess of regular hours will be accounted for in accordance with the overtime provisions of the Personnel, Policy and Procedure Manual of CFY and the Labour Standards Act NL
This is a full-time 6 month contractual position with possibility of extension.
The salary for this position will be $48,976.20 - $54,418.00 annually. CFY offers a competitive compensation package,including: a healthand dental program,employer- matched RRSP and four weeks' vacation to qualifying employees.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter with Reference ID # in the subject line to:
Senior Human Resources Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax (709) 726-3125
Employment Support Coordinator email@example.com
or fax (709) 726-3125
Competition will remain open until filled
Reference ID: ESN0421
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People, those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.
To view all current job postings, please visit www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.