Choices for Youth Inc. (CFY) is a professional service, youth-focused, non-profit, charitable organization that creates spaces and conversations and operates programs and social enterprises to help vulnerable youth secure stable housing, employment, and education while improving health and family stability. With a focus on prevention, intervention, and support, we help youth and their families break cycles of poverty and homelessness and transition to healthy, stable, and independent lives.
We are seeking an Outreach Youth and Engagement Worker to provide support within the Outreach and Youth Engagement program. This individual will report to the Program Coordinator and together, will work to ensure effective program delivery
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provide outreach support, engagement opportunities, and drop-in services to youth
· Create space for positive relationships, predictable structures, and clear expectations for youth
· Provide advocacy, accompaniment, and referral services to youth
· Intervene effectively and appropriately to crisis and conflict through the use of supportive counseling, problem-solving and clear communication
· Ensure that services provided reflect the needs of youth
· Ensure documentation of relevant information and that documentation is in accordance with CFY’s policy on the security and maintenance of youth information
· Nurture and contribute to the unique culture of the organization
· Commit to helping CFY achieve the goals of its strategic plan
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Degree or diploma in a social science field
· Minimum 3 years experience working with youth
· Advanced knowledge and understanding of issues pertaining to homeless, street-involved, and at-risk youth
· Advanced understanding of the systems affecting youth
· Ability to work independently and within a team while supporting and achieving the overall goals of the program
· Thorough knowledge of community resources and support for youth
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are essential
· Demonstrated experience in using trauma-informed practice would be an asset
· A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
The salary for this position is $45,669.00 - $50,368.50 Choices for Youth offers a competitive compensation package, including a health and dental program, employer-matched RRSP, and four weeks’ vacation to qualify employees.
Regular hours of work for this position are Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week). Flexibility in work hours may be required to accommodate higher work volumes and organizational requirements.
HOW TO APPLY:
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit your cover letter and resume explaining how you meet the criteria and use ORYW-06-2022 in the subject line to the below recipients. Deadline to Apply: June 16, 2022
Recruitment Lead, Human Resources:
Shawn Mercer, Program Coordinator
Reference ID: ORYE-06-2022
Application Deadline: June 16, 2022
Choices for Youth appreciates all applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To view all current job postings, please visit www.choicesforyouth.ca/join-cfy.
Equity in employment is essential to a just society. Choices for Youth enthusiastically welcomes applications from all qualified people, including racialized people, people of all sexual orientations, women and trans* people, Aboriginal and First People those with disabilities, mental illness, and from all social strata.
Should you require accommodation in relation to a disability, please tell us at the beginning of the selection process. This information will be kept confidential.